Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Adventures in Water Marbling

Oh boy!  Back story: ever since getting my konad kit, my mom, Bev (my brother's girlfriend) and I have been doing our nails together every Saturday night.  This week instead of being a traveling manicurist, I had the ladies over here to try water marbling.  I have been watching all the YouTube videos from My Simple Little Pleasures and felt confident that we could handle it.

Well, let's put it this way, it is not as easy as Colette makes it look!  Polish choice makes all the difference between successful water marbling and unsuccessful water marbling!  I wish I had more pictures for you of this, but let's just say it was a mess!  Its hard to do anything with tape all over your fingers, so all I got was after shots.

Here are Bev's nails:

We took these right after, so please forgive the mess on the cuticles.  Bev went with Zoya Charisma as her base and then kept it simple with just alternating a white or silver with Charisma.  I think hers came out great!  She really liked it and I think she's going to try experimenting with different colors to try to find some working combinations.

On my nails I originally wanted to do all grays, but the polishes just wouldn't spread in the water.  So, I ended up going with Zoya Marley, Zoya Danni, Zoya Dove, and Sally Hansen Silver Sweep.

This is the first hand I tried, obviously, it didn't come out that great.  I felt like there was too much silver in this batch of nails, so on the next hand I didn't drop as much of the silver.
This hand came out a little better.  Funny fact: I actually forgot to tape one of my fingers and it was SUCH a mess!  lol. 

My mom thought she was hot stuff at water marbling!  She was the first one to really get the colors to spread in the water. She just got lucky with the colors she picked I think.  She used Zoya Marley, Zoya, Danni, and Zoya Robyn.  I totally copied off her after I saw hers working.

She told me to ask you guys who you think did the best water marbling job, so sound off in the comments section!

If you are interested in trying the water marble technique on your nails, checkout My Simple Little Pleasures on Youtube.  Her videos really are very informative!  And what she can do with this technique is very impressive!

As for me and more water marbling in the future...I don't know.  I just don't know if I have the patience to do it.  This literally took us at least two hours, and I just didn't love the results of all that hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...