Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Drag Marbling Purple Roses Tutorial

Pretty little manicure for you today.  I tried my hand at drag marbling and created the following:
My base color for this manicure is Zoya Marley.  Here is a swatch:
Sorry for the lack of cleanup on this pic.  Marley is such a pretty color. With drag marbling, when you lay down your base color, you will want to do the last coat pretty thick, and start working with it wet.  So, for this manicure I worked with one nail at a time.  Here is how I laid out my polishes on a piece of scrap paper:
With a thick coat of Marley on one nail, I took my dotting tool and put a big drop of my darkest color: Zoya Pinta and started to swirl it and mix it with my base.  Like this:
Then I added Zoya Lael and a bit more Marley to my nail with my dotting tool, and did some more swirling:
Then I added some leaves using CQ mint Green.  Here are some more shots of the final product:

Simple Little Pleasures has done some amazing things with drag marbling and water marbling.  If you haven't checked out her YouTube video tutorials or blog yet, what are you waiting for?

Hope you liked this little tutorial and this mani!  Have you done a drag marble mani yet?  I'd love to see it!

4 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty! I was wondering how people were making these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. The design looks very random yet it looks so pulled together! I love how you don't need to have that much surgical precision on this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool! I've been wanting to do this for a while to make it look like a rose, but I don't have dotting tools currently :|

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...